When we finally reached San Francisco, I had missed my flight to Seoul by 30 minutes. There was only 1 flight that day, so I was going to have to wait until the next day to leave.
I went to my first airlines ticket agent to see what I should do. After some crazy explanations and phone calls, they said it wasn't there fault, that it was because of the weather, and that I needed to call my second airline and go through them. WHAT???
I'll spare you some of the crazy that I went through for the next few hours, but let's just say that I'm grateful that I am a planner and that I went to school for Hospitality, because I became my own travel agent for a few hours. Because it was a Saturday in Seoul, my recruiter was not at work, and my travel agent was gone as well. I took care of the issue with the first airline, I confirmed with the second airline, and I found a hotel to stay at for the night. Hours later, and a lucky long distance call to Seoul, I was confirmed and ready to go.
I took a shower, found something to eat, and then went to bed.
Because of my nightmare day, I have decided there are a few things I would like to share with you if you travel abroad for any reason:
1. Take your cellphone. I wasn't going to be able to use it in Korea, so I didn't take it. BAD IDEA!!! Thanks for paying those collect calls home dad!!!
2. Make sure you have phone numbers for everyone!! The airlines, anyone you are staying with, and any other numbers you can think of.
3. Bring extra clothes in your carry-on. This one I had already thought of so I was good to go.
4. Eat any chance you get. You might be stuck on an airplane with no food when you are starving.
5. Breathe and relax. You may not get there when you wanted to, but you'll get there.
Again, there is a lot more that should go into this one post, but I really don't want to live yesterday again. Just know that I am at the airport now and the plane I am going on has arrived. IT'S REALLY BIG!!!!
After reading this blog, I also hope that you get the chance to travel, if you haven't already. I'm seeing a lot of things I never would have had the chance to see if I wouldn't have decided to do this crazy trip. I can see the water, which I'm assuming is the bay, or one of them. I can see mountains. I'M GOING TO KOREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment