For those of you that don't know a lot about me, I like to move a lot. I like change. I like to try and do new things.
After graduating from college and working for a few months, I was getting a little antsy. Something was missing but I wasn't sure what it was. I felt like I needed to do something or change something. I'd been spending a lot of time with a group of church friends and we were planning on attending a large Mid-Singles weekend in Austin in September. It has a reputation for being a really great weekend where you can meet lots of people and have a lot of fun. I needed to meet lots of people and have lots of fun.
Because I was feeling antsy, I decided that maybe I needed to move again. Maybe I needed to try a new city with new people. As you know, I'm single, and the prospects here in Dallas were not to be found. Taking this trip to Austin and meeting new people was exciting to me and so I started to look up some jobs in Austin just for fun. I thought that maybe I could network with people while I was there and see if that was where I needed to be. I applied for a few positions, but nothing really panned out.
For some reason, my brain gave me an ultimatum. It said that after Austin I needed to make a change. If things go well in Austin, then you need to work harder on moving to Austin. If they don't, you need to figure something else out. I told my brain, OK, and we made a deal to go to Austin and have fun, then figure it out.
The Austin trip came and went. I had a great time with my friends even though there were a few hiccups, but because I tried to make it fun, it was fun. I met some new people and strengthened some friendships. But the general consensus of the trip was that it was fun, but nothing came from it.
Even though Austin didn't really pan out, I was able to meet one person that became part of this little adventure of mine. Cindy. Cindy served a mission for my church and went to...guess...South Korea! But I'll tell you more about Cindy later.
No comments:
Post a Comment