I have a close family friend, who is more like a sister to me. Her name is Melissa. We have known each other for years. I used to be her nanny. I absolutely adore her children and love her and her husband Steve as though they were my cool older siblings. Melissa is the person who I look up to when I try and model my life. If I could be anyone in this world, I would be her. But I'd still want to be me, so I'd have to find a happy medium in there somewhere, (hehe).
One day I was at Melissa's house and we started talking about my life and how I was doing. How my job was and what my new goals were since finishing school. I told her that I really wanted to move and that I had been applying to several places. This was after Austin, so I told her a little about that story and how it didn't really pan out, but that my ultimatum to myself was still there.
Now, remember when I said that I don't like to tell people that I'm thinking about doing things, until I've actually decided. Well, Melissa is one of those people. I didn't want to tell her something if I was going to change my mind and not do it. But for some reason, that day I told her. I was expecting her to have a crazy reaction, like, WHAT? It was weird though, she didn't. She wanted to know more about it. Melissa has traveled the world and done some really cool things, so of course, she wanted to know more about it. She wants me to succeed in life, and is a great voice of reason for me. I told her a few things and that I was thinking about it, but thought it was crazy and wasn't sure about it. We talked some more and then moved on to other topics.
A few weeks later I was at her house again and she randomly asked me about Korea. "Hey Jen, what's up with Korea?" I told her I really hadn't thought about it much. It was still in the back of my mind, but that was about it.
A few days later, my mom asked me about Korea.
Then my brain, went, "Jen, what's up with Korea?"
Why are people asking me about Korea? I can't go to Korea silly. I love the TV shows and the music. But I can't live there.
After my brain bugged me a bit more, I said, "FINE!" I decided to apply to the recruiter. Their website said that if they liked you they would contact you. I went to their website and applied. About a day or so later, the recruiter, from Seoul, sent me an email asking when a good time would be for her to call me for a phone interview. WHAT THE...??? They actually liked me??
No comments:
Post a Comment