After my Austin trip, I was still feeling antsy and wanted to make a change in my life. Now, I don't want you to think that I didn't like where I was and what I was doing. I just felt that I needed to do something more and needed to find it.
I wanted to move, and I wanted to move away from Dallas. I have always wanted to live in California, so I started trying to find jobs there that I could do as a recent graduate. I didn't have much luck. I tried several things, and applied to several places, but it just wasn't working out.
Now, I don't like to tell a lot of people things I am thinking about, just in case I don't do them. Mostly because I have ideas that come and go ALL THE TIME. Just ask my mom. Perfect example: I didn't tell a lot of people I was planning on going back to school to get my degree until I had checked everything out and decided that I was going to do it for sure and I would be going in the spring, etc. I didn't tell a lot of people about my idea for teaching in Korea back in July because I didn't really think I was going to do it. Plus, it's been my absolute craziest idea to date.
Now that it was October and things weren't really going how I thought, I looked up Korea again, just for fun. I hadn't thought about it for months and thought I would just look at it again to see if there was anything new or if anything jumped out at me. I had told my mom about my crazy idea, and that was about it.
My friend Laura, who is in Korea, has a blog and I started reading it. It had a lot of information starting at the beginning with her plane trip, to arriving, and teaching a few days later. It had a few entries where they seemed to be having a hard time with their school directors. They had made friends and were loving living there, but were having a bit of a hard time with the working part. As I kept reading, things were getting better so it didn't make me as nervous for them, and even possibly myself if I decided to do it. Knowing that Laura is there and figuring things out before I came, made me feel better.
But my brain still told me that Korea was crazy, so I decided to look for other things here in the states.
No comments:
Post a Comment